"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring

Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland

*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Another Letter Home

Elder Schmidt wrote home again, here is what he wrote to us:



The MTC is just like you said, long days fast weeks. I love the spirit here, I keep telling myself when else have I had the time to study the Gospel all day, its awesome! Today me and my comp Elder Johnson taught the first lesson to some volenteers it was a good experience for me. The spirit was strong when we testified to them about the Le Livre de Mormon (Book of Mormon) it was awesome but humbling at the same time. We have much to work on! I swear when they say this is hard work, they mean it! By the end of the day we have a million things on our minds, mainly the gospel and french, but it is almost like there aren't enough hours in a day to learn it all and when you go to bed you think about how to teach better or how to pray/testify in french. It kinda feels like the days blend together but they work us so hard because they want us to explode with knowledge in the mission field. The new missionaries came in today. We all felt like pro's to them because they all looked like "what is going on" and I could totally relate, they are in for a rough 1st week but truth is days are long but the week flew by.

No comments: