Hey everyone!
A ton has happened this week. I will start out with the weird stuff that happened. We were on a tram and we saw this muslim kid just throw up everywhere all over everything NASTY and we also went to jewish synogog and they almost didnt let us in because we weren't part of the community, and we told them we are American mormons and one of the guys said no joke, "Well anyone can act like an american mormon and not be one, we have to consult the Rabbi." Anyways they finally let us in and we where with our jewish friend ELVIS! Cool name huh he loves Eminem. They let us in before him and he is jewish we wore jewish yamikas and the servive was wierd you sing a crazy launguage stand up face the back do that a couple times and then say shalom at the end, in between all this to get our paper yamikas to stay on our head. what else we met with our christian munk. He is like a Mother Theresa munk that helped aides kids, he showed us pictures, crazy.
There has been a lot of good things happen this week. We got a less active to come to church and found some other less actives, that actually seem promising that they will return if we work with them a bit. I swear the mission is so up and down but I think we only grow when its like that we just need to learn to laugh at the bad stuff and shake it off.
I love you all so very much. Things are going great here for now. We are getting ready to go to Lyon and play some American Football and do some soldes shopping. Soldes is a sale that happens 2 times a year where stuff goes up to like 75 percent off so thats cool.
Oh I forgot to tell you all that we went on an exchange to Clarmont Ferrand and we stayed in bed the whole time because we where sick. You might ask what kind of sick... lets just say I lost six pounds and was dehydrated, I will leave it at that. Don't eat the meatball sandwich at subway now i know how JARED lost so much weight off the subway diet ha ha well
I love you all. If there is anything I can do for anyone just let me know!
Love Elder Schmidt
Oh and I am following up on my commitment did anyone have an opportunity to share the gospel with anyone the past week?
"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring
-Henry B. Eyring
Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland
*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment