"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring

Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland

*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

02/16/10

Schmidt Family,

Hey everyone, I hope all is well in America!!! We have had a great week here. Elder Tracy and I decided to make a sacrifice and buy a fondue set, so we can have it. Not so sure it was a good idea; we burned the apartment down:0( President isn’t really happy about it, we put it out before anything got too bad! Ha ha Just kidding.

We have had it the past three days and I will just let you imagine what happens when you have 400g of cheese get hard in your stomach; we didn’t really think it through, but it was really good!

So our mission President has told us to find someone that will be baptized, and we have two people in this area that WILL be baptized. It’s not if…but when. We are working with one of them to get them married and the other is a nine year old kid. We are excited to help them get a little bit closer to entering the waters. We are also working with a member from Genève, he wants us to teach a family. I am so excited, I love the members here they are fantastic. I also love the Swiss people they are great as well, and really good drivers might I add.

This weeks biggest break through is la famille Bagnoud; they have been turned off toward missionaries for a long time or rather the father of the family has. He doesn’t like how missionaries shove things down his throat. I can see why, we have some pretty extreme ones here. So Elder Tracy and I d did was make them banana bread and took it over, we just sat down and talked and had a good conversation with the wife. She figured out that we are not that other type of missionaries and she wants to have us over twice this week. We told her that we just want to come have a good time and share a thought that’s all. She was like but lets keep it low key, we were like ok. Our goal is to just get him to be more active in going to church and we want to do this by letting the spirit teach. Their family reminds me of ours, so I am excited to work with them.

I love you all and I hope you all have a great week


Love Elder Schmidt

No comments: