"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring

Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland

*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

07/02/08 Emailing Home!

Hey Everyone.
How are things going back home? Things are going great. We took this P-day as a day to celebrate our freedon with the exception of Elder Turner, he is from London ha ha. We started it of by meeting in Newchatel and getting a game of American football going it was glorious, + we had old glory laying out on the grass AKA American flag blanket ha ha. We ended it of by having hotdogs it was awesome... I was quarter back most of the game and we did good. I passed a good week and it was fast. So I looked at those pics Ash sent me and Paisley is so dang cute and Gavin looks awesome as usual. Looks like you got to break the 5th wheel in I hope. So here is my miracle for the week. I had to take a trip to Anncy for my legality trip. it's in France too. It was a long train ride. and we ended up missing a couple buses, it was turning out to be a rough day. Oh and that day we where doing a mission fast or I should say it ended that day. So we where pretty hungry. Everything went extremely smooth and I actually got my legal certificate thing that day. We went to this little super marchete and bought a ton of junk food we went to the gar and waited for the train and we decided to sit down on some steps and we totally stuffed our faced. One french man called un rich pigs in french. Of course we offered him some food that made him more mad. Then this man walked passed me and so I was like bonjour cava and he turned and said cava mercy then he was struggling to find the words to say in french mind you my comp is still pounding food down and is noticing I'm talking. Then I asked the guy do you speak english and he said yes I was like yes ha ha, then he said I have to catch a train I am going back home but I will be back for my studies and I want to hear what you have to say. Both me and Elder O'Rourke gave him this look like what just happened.... did some one just ask to see us and hear our message ( the church of jesus christ) normally we are the ones asking.. Then we scrabled to get his name and number, he then had to leave really quick we shook his hand and he ran off. It hit us that everything that went wrong like us missing our buses and running way late was so that we would be on those stairs when that guy (Penny) walked down the stairs. It says in preach my gospel that God will place people in our way and that was confirmed to me after this experiance. This is so cool because this never happens here. What else has been going on. Oh the launguage is getting slowly better I can comprendre much better. I can't expect to become fluent over night, but every day I work on it. Some people whose doors we knock on say you have a lot of courage, and it makes me feel better. Well I love you all very much I will write you later.
I love you.
ELDER SCHMIDT.

No comments: