Family,
Things here in Fribourg are going great! I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with the zone leaders this week. I was put with Elder Hamilton, he is a pretty cool elder. We had a pretty successful day; we taught a lot of finding lessons, and I didn’t get us completely lost in Fribourg. I am getting familiar with the area a bit more. It’s so much fun to do exchanges. I always think that they are going to go by badly, but they turn out to be the best days. Today I think we are going to take pictures of this old coliseum, I think it should be pretty cool.
I gave a talk in church yesterday, talk about being scared; and so many people where visiting. A 15 min talk in French is like a lifetime of talking. My companion helped me work out some kinks, everyone seemed to understand it, and they told me I did fine. I totally imagined myself in primary having my mom or dad whisper the words in my ear. That’s probably how I sounded, except I didn’t have anyone to turn to and say… what??? It’s seriously like being a kid again. I just need to get the patients kids have. je comprende pour le plus part mais je ne peux pa parler bien, par ce que apprendre le langue et tres difficile pour moi, mais jai besoin de esseyer mon mieux. ha ha ok I will stop. I don’t even know if that is correct, maybe Vic can read it.
What else can I tell you about this week, hhmmm… oh funny story… We where teaching some Italian guy and he kept saying, “I like this guy and pointed to me... I don’t know why, cause I didn’t say anything hardly. He kept getting up and telling Elder Orouke to box with him, he would do a couple fake jabs and then slap Elder Orouke (not hard) but it was funny. I kept telling Elder Orouke to go a round with him, then maybe he will listen, it was so funny.
Oh then I was going to tell you we have taught so many guys that look like Brother Bob Marley… ha ha. We go into there house, and they have their "stuff", to make "stuff" that you smoke. I keep thinking to myself that if Old Bob Marley just said, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true, right before he kicked the can, how many new members we would have.
I can’t believe I have been gone for four months that went by pretty quickly. I really miss you all so much, thanks for your support. I cant wait to see "pictures" that you all sent me...(insert hint) :) tell dad I miss plongĂ©e souse marine haha… that’s how they say scuba diving, much easier in English. Well sorry this is so short, I love you all and I hope you have the best week. Keep reading the Book of Mormon, it will make your days so much better; and go to the temple if you can, for me.
Love Elder Schmidt
"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring
-Henry B. Eyring
Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland
*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment