"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring

Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland

*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.

Monday, November 17, 2008

11/17/08 I love the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Hi Everyone,
I'm just going to start this off saying that this won't be too long, I have to go to France for legality, having to go to France is a pain and a waste of a day because we do absolutely no work, so we decided to do it on a P- day. I am with my zone leader Elder Hamilton, his comp is driving him crazy so he said that he wanted to go with me ha ha.

So anyways today we are having are Ami's fast to know if they should be baptized this weekend and we are joining them, i know they will receive an answer. This weekend we get to go to the temple with them I am excited.

We are also teaching a man named John. We have been teaching him for a week and he has already finished first Nephi and told us all about it! He said "I couldn't sleep all night because I was thinking about it. He is pretty awesome. We committed him to live the Word of Wisdom and he agreed! He said its going to be hard, but it will be worth it!

Transfer calls are at the beginning of next week. I really don't want to leave, I love Fribourge. I have seen so many miracles here. I swear I get humbled like every day by something that happens.

It is starting to get pretty cold here, and I am not liking it very much ha ha! I am wearing all my winter clothes already. It wouldn't be too bad but we are outside a lot more than normal people.

We watched the Testaments with our Bolivian Ami's and they loved it. They also made us racklet, which is melted cheese that you but on a boiled potato its delicious.

Well tell Ty hi for me, and congratulations on finishing strong! I hope that I am the same way, but it is many moons away ha ha.

Dad did you get my little cruise boat thing i made ha ha, Elder Chapman thought that it was really funny.

Man I have learned so much being out here. I love the Book of Mormon, it is the most amazing book on the face of the earth. I learn something new from it everyday! I am really digging in deep this time, checking out the foot notes on everything and I love it.

We had a very nice district meeting, we learned a lot we all had the opportunity to bear our testimonies, I love doing that because you know the words that your telling everyone are true!!

Yesterday I had a man come up to me and start talking to me in German and I would respond in Frence. He was telling me what my name meant in German ha ha. It is great because that happens so much.

What else... I am so thankful for all that you do and for your prayers. I have learned that when we have faith we see miracles! I'm not just talking about the normal faith, but the faith that you know it will happen because you know that the lord wants it to happen as well.
Man I love the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints. I know it's the same church Jesus Christ himself established because it is flawless, perfect if you will!
Well I better get going. I love you all so much.
Love Elder Schmidt

No comments: