"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring

Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland

*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

12/04/08 Arrived in France

Things here in France are hard. I feel like I am in down town Bagdad. Although, I haven’t seen anyone blow themselves up yet…;(it’s 60 percent Muslims). All we do is port a port, and knock on doors in massive building, with no elevators. I am trying to keep my faith and hope level up. I know that the Lord will help us.

We have a real building for church. The Bishop came up to me and asked if I could prepare something to talk about, because someone that had a talk was sick. So I talked about faith. Let me tell you all, that you should never be scared of giving a talk in English, cause in French it is so freaky. I just talked about how they can grow in faith and to share the gospel. This girl about my age came up after, and told me I did well at expressing myself. I probably sounded like one of those foreign people, that bears their testimony, but I guess I’m good with that.

My companion’s name is Elder Lemich, he is pretty cool, he does have a habit of spitting a lot, though he is from Colorado, so I can understand ha ha.

I skated (skate board) the other day, with some French kids, and at first they laughed, before I did anything. Then I did a one eighty off of this little drop off. I swear the cigarette almost fell right out of the kid’s mouth, it was open so far. I would do that too, if a kid in a suite did that ha ha. It was fun.

Well I wish I had a spiritual experience to share with you all, but this week has been crazy.

I love you all so much; I hope you all know that.

Elder Schmidt



No comments: