Hey Y'all
This week has been great! We saw a miracle! We set a baptismal date with a chinese man named Shuyang, he is really awesome, and just an upbeat happy person. He will be baptised the week after Christmas! Its time to step it up to show Heavenly Father that we want him to have this because we know that it will bless his life, he is sweet.
Just letting you all know I have a mail box here in St. Etienne too ha ha. Here's the address in case you forgot! Ha Ha Elder Schmidt 14, rue de Terrenoire 42000 St. Etienne France
Don't worry I remember how busy it gets this time of year.
So how is life going? I can't believe Bree is getting.... getting.... well you know the "M" word Ha Ha. This guy better be good enough! If he gets through the filter (that is our family) he must be ok. (Hint* Ty interview this kid see if he is worthy of your sis ha ha.) I think I am just scared of having everyone be married because I think it won't be the same. Oh well! That's life I guess.
Well St. Etienne is starting to grow on me just a bit. I am still trying to find my way around. It has snowed here a ton, and for a day we where absolutely soaked, but me and Elder Lemich looked at each other and said go play ping pong or have a White Christmas. We went the whole day soaked and you would almost think it would get us some pitty points but not here! It makes me laugh it just makes me feel like, ok you don't want to hear what we are saying then I will knock on the next door and see if they do.
Missionary work is amazing. I would encourage you all to just share the Gospel with someone this week and don't even think about if they will reject it because we are not searching for their approval. We are doing it for our Father in heaven and for our brothers and sisters who don't know about this great message. I can't tell you how many people I have contacted that I would never even talk too, but I feel like they deserve to have the chance to accept it. The Gospel is not something to be kept to ourselves, it's supposed to be shared with the world. I like a qoute I heard it goes something like this: The worth of a soul is always great in the eyes, the sins of a person only take away from the persons worthiness but never their worth. something along those lines. I look at people and say everyone I see is worth it too God. I really can't explain why I love my mission so much, but I think its because I am starting to get a taste of how great the gospel is. I hunger to know more.
Well I love you all! I hope you know that.
The Church is true I love telling people that.
Love
Elder Schmidt
"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring
-Henry B. Eyring
Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland
*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment