JOAN MARIA'S BAPTISM DAY!!!


"Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day. Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel....."
3 Nephi 27: 20-21
Family,
This week has been so great! I received a call from St.Etienne, and it was Jean Maria, he said “I want to be baptized and I want you to do it”. I told him that I would be honored. He had already spoke with my mission President and got permission for me. I took a 3 hour ride to St.Etienne, with one of the assistants, it was great. When I arrived he gave me a big hug, and said, “Thanks for this gift that you have given me, I know that it is a fit from God, but thanks so much for talking to me that night on the road, for bringing me this great message.” At this time I was thinking, “Wow, God really does guide the work”, cause we where just out that night because we felt like we should stay out a bit longer contacting.
This was such a great experience for me cause I feel like we just taught him principles to his mind, and the spirit is the one that carried this message to his heart. it is wonderful this feeling of being an instrument in the Lords hands. I can’t tell you how many times I say stuff, that has nothing to do with the subject that we are talking about, but I just feel like I have to say it. I know that there is power in callings, cause I could do this no other way than with the help of the Lord.
I am so grateful to be a missionary in the Lords vineyard at this time, cause I know that he truly is directing the work here, and all across the world. I love this church, I know it is true, and I love sharing this great message.
The baptism went great. I had the opportunity to do the baptism in French. I was going to do it in Spanish, cause that is his native tongue, but there was only one witness who was familiar with Spanish. The hot water was not working in the font, but that didn’t stop us... it was freezing. I mean I was shivering, but in the words of Jean Maria, “it was "PERFECT". I think I would have to agree; it was perfect. Cold water cant stop anyone from making a covenant with their Heavenly Father.
I will try to write a hand written letter, sorry this is so short but I had to retype it, cause it was erased for some reason. I love you all. Things are going great here in Geneva. My companion is hilarious; I love it. Thanks for all your love and support. Try to share your testimony with someone this week.
Love Elder Schmidt




No comments:
Post a Comment