Let me tell you what just happened. We are doing our e-mails and we just found out that one of the Elder’s is leaving Miremont. So, I am going to be in a three some companionship, which is going to be really weird, cause I don’t know how to speak Spanish (one lick). So, I will probably have a lot of time to ponder around here ha ha. No more cantiques, we are going to be singing Himnos ha ha. So, that was some crazy news that we just received.
This week was amazing. Last preparation day was awesome, at the car show, I think there was every cool car that you could possibly think of, including, the Lamborghini, which had a model lady to stand next to it. I thought to myself, that car is beautiful enough, do you mind taking a step aside so I can get a picture of the car by itself ha ha.
So, that’s really cool to hear that Vic is getting scuba certified. I am beginning to see Sebastian’s point of view when he sang UNDER THE SEA. I am pretty sure that should be the theme song for any scuba diver.
My Companion Elder Asay and I have seriously contacted everyone on the road, even so much that we have contact them twice. I figure why not give them another chance to accept, right? We had 50 finding lessons this week, and the average for a missionary is 8-10. We did however; find someone really cool to teach. His name is Virgillian. He let us in, and we taught him the restoration. Then he told us to come back in three days, so that his wife could be there with him, it was awesome. They asked a lot of good questions. I think they are going to love the plan of salvation. I mean, who wouldn’t want to be with there spouse for eternity.
It has been a great week, and the weather is really starting to warm up. I can’t wait till summer, cause its the last one here ha ha. Might as well make the best of it!
I have been reading my book of Mormon every day and I love it I seriously learn something new every time; I cant even explain. I think my companion is getting a bit irritated, when we have comp studies, cause I just lay everything out there, and I get so excited that I forget to let him talk. I read in Alma in ch 17:12 et 13, it talks about their desire to share the gospel, and in 17:21-25, it says that his only desire was to serve the king. In verse 29, he finds a way to share the gospel through his service. Then, in Alma 26: 22, they where able to bring thousands of souls unto repentance. The point I wanted to get across, is it started with the desire to share the gospel, and he found a way to share it, through service. So I bet you cant guess what I’m going to ask you to do.... Look for ways to serve others so that you might find a way to share the gospel, and bring one soul that is so precious to repentance and then to the waters of Baptism.
I love this work, I love every opportunity the Lord gives me to help others, and in so doing, I am following the example of my Savior Jesus-Christ. Hopefully, I will help someone come closer to their Heavenly Father. I love you all so much. I pray for you all, and I am thankful that I have wonderful family and friends who love me.
Love Elder Schmidt









No comments:
Post a Comment