
Hey Everyone,
How is it going? This week went by really fast for me; I can’t even believe it. We had our interviews with our President and he basically told me I am going to be leaving Genève. So, that should be really interesting to see where I am going to go next. I really don’t even have a clue. Transfer calls are next Monday, and I have the opportunity to call you this Sunday; that should be really fun. We are planning on calling a round 18:00 or 6pm. I don’t know what time that is for you, I hope that is going to be ok. I will get back on the internet at the end of this week to confirm that with you.
This week we have been doing a lot of finding, Elder Laws and I have been trying to overcome our fears of contacting young adults. So we have been contacting in the park, and while we where there this passed week, I was looking around and we saw this girl with an accordion and another girl with a guitar. So I said, “ok elder laws lets go talk to them”, they where out in the grass. Elder Laws said, “ok but your flying solo”. I was like “ok”. So I went up to them and just starting talking to them about music, and how I used to play the guitar. The girl handed the guitar right over and said, play and so I played a little “Dust in the Wind” and pretty much the beginning of every song I could think of ha…ha ;since that’s all I know ha…ha. I even played La Bamba ha…ha. Then we turned that conversation into a contact, and although they weren’t all that interested, they sure talked to us more openly about what they believed; so that was really cool for me.
Other than that, we found a family while porting that I think is really interested. I said “I know that the family can be eternal", and then I asked him the question what is the most important thing in your life? He said, his family and I said me too. After we talked for a second, he said, “I don’t have time now, but if you can come back another day, that would be fine. Then we got his number. We knocked on least 150 doors and where rejected, at almost every one. But I know that since we did that, the Lord lead us to someone that was interested. Well, I can’t wait to talk to you on Sunday. I love you all, and here is a good quote “he is utterly incomparable in what he knows, what he is, and what he has accomplished, and what he has experienced, yet he calls us friends”. Neil A Maxwell."
Love
Elder Schmidt
How is it going? This week went by really fast for me; I can’t even believe it. We had our interviews with our President and he basically told me I am going to be leaving Genève. So, that should be really interesting to see where I am going to go next. I really don’t even have a clue. Transfer calls are next Monday, and I have the opportunity to call you this Sunday; that should be really fun. We are planning on calling a round 18:00 or 6pm. I don’t know what time that is for you, I hope that is going to be ok. I will get back on the internet at the end of this week to confirm that with you.
This week we have been doing a lot of finding, Elder Laws and I have been trying to overcome our fears of contacting young adults. So we have been contacting in the park, and while we where there this passed week, I was looking around and we saw this girl with an accordion and another girl with a guitar. So I said, “ok elder laws lets go talk to them”, they where out in the grass. Elder Laws said, “ok but your flying solo”. I was like “ok”. So I went up to them and just starting talking to them about music, and how I used to play the guitar. The girl handed the guitar right over and said, play and so I played a little “Dust in the Wind” and pretty much the beginning of every song I could think of ha…ha ;since that’s all I know ha…ha. I even played La Bamba ha…ha. Then we turned that conversation into a contact, and although they weren’t all that interested, they sure talked to us more openly about what they believed; so that was really cool for me.
Other than that, we found a family while porting that I think is really interested. I said “I know that the family can be eternal", and then I asked him the question what is the most important thing in your life? He said, his family and I said me too. After we talked for a second, he said, “I don’t have time now, but if you can come back another day, that would be fine. Then we got his number. We knocked on least 150 doors and where rejected, at almost every one. But I know that since we did that, the Lord lead us to someone that was interested. Well, I can’t wait to talk to you on Sunday. I love you all, and here is a good quote “he is utterly incomparable in what he knows, what he is, and what he has accomplished, and what he has experienced, yet he calls us friends”. Neil A Maxwell."
Love
Elder Schmidt




No comments:
Post a Comment