"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring
-Henry B. Eyring
Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland
*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.
Monday, May 25, 2009
05/25/09 The Lord is really blessing people here
Hey Everyone,Things are going great here in Nancy. The Lord is really blessing the people here, and I am just thankful that I have the opportunity to be apart of it all. Elder LeprĂȘtre and I have fixed two more baptismal dates, that brings the total to five baptismal dates, and three of them are strong. One thing that I notice everyday, is that it is not at all me in this work. In fact if it was left up to me and my ability the work would not progress. I do know that when we recognize our weaknesses, it is then, that the lord can help us. We can do things we never thought we could do by ourselves. We want to accomplish the task, but we need to ask our Heavenly Father for help, and then we can see its not by our own power, then we can return the thanks to our Heavenly Father. I can’t tell you all how many times I have felt inadequate to do a task that is given to me. I cant tell you how many times I have been able to accomplish it with the help of Heavenly Father. I love this work. I can say that I have done anything so difficult and time demanding as this work; sun up to sun down your on the clock. The other day I compared missions to escalators in terms of progressing, by going on a mission you take that first step onto the escalator, and just doing that will help us to progress. Then we have a choice to make, are we going to use the same amount of energy as not taking the stairs, and start to walk up the escalator, if you do this you will progress twice as quick. I want to be the missionary that puts forth the effort, even though it is harder than just standing there and progressing at a steady pace. I know that by doing this I will become stronger! Hopefully you understood that, it made sense to me at the time. I love you all so very much. Love,Elder Schmidt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment