"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring

Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland

*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

06/02/09 Things are great in Nancy


Hey everyone,

How are things going back home, I hope fantastic. Things have been going great here in Nancy. We have four baptismal dates and we just came from a rendezvous; I taught the importance of prayer. It went really good and it was one of those times where some story from the bible pops into your head, for some unknown reason and I seems to just work out like that’s what they need.

I did have a terrible rendezvous this week. We where at members house, and we where teaching the last half of the plan of salvation, and we came to the kingdoms of glory. I had a thought or rather a prompting to teach this in the most simple way that I possible could, and I taught every thing like you would teach it to the kid. Then all of a sudden the good old member pops in, and says no joke “that’s not at all what its like”, and he said “they only told you three of them”, and then he went on to explain outer darkness. I was like… “Be quiet please”. He went into very specific detail, and I just wanted out. That was one of those lessons, but they happen.

What else happened… I didn’t really take a preparation day, and I really don’t like to do that cause then I get grumpy. All in all, it wasn’t too bad.

There isn’t really much to do here in Nancy. It’s an ok city as far as looks, and I am enjoying it. I will go to Genève tomorrow for our exchanges with the assistants, and I think it should be really good.

It sounds like things are still moving forward back home, and I wish I was there, but then again I bet you wish you where in France ha ha. Well, I don’t know what else to write, we don’t really have too much time ever, we are always moving. Just know I love you all, and I will write a letter on the train to Geneva.

Love,

Elder Schmidt

No comments: