"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring

Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland

*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.

Monday, June 8, 2009

06/08/09 This is really the work of the Lord, and we are really tools in his hands


Hey,
Things are going great here in Nancy. This week I had the opportunity to go to Geneva on Exchanges with the assistants, it was really good. We walked passed this one man and we decided to try and talk to him, he was catholic and he was preparing for his communion. We where talking about the plan of salvation to him, it didn’t really interest him, but for some reason right before we where about to say good bye, it popped into my mind to ask him if he heard about the Book of Mormon. He said, “yeah I have one. I was like “really”, have you read it? He said, “I’m half way through Mosiah”; I was shocked. Then I asked, “how did you obtain one”, and he said, “Well, like I said, “ I am in the middle of preparing for my communion, and I was walking through the park, and I saw this book sitting on a bench, so I picked it up and started to read about it. In the end he didn’t want to fix a rendezvous, but we both bore testimony that the book of Mormon was true, and that he should pray about it to know. This experience helped me see that this is really the work of the Lord, and we are really tools in his hands. Maybe we where just at that place to tell him that he needed to pray about it, to know if it was true; w gave him our card.

Another thing that was really cool was, this same day we where teaching a lesson and this lady had a problem with God having a body and also the creation Adam and Eve. When we where teaching her, a scripture popped into my head, and I said, “Read this chapter, it will give you your answer, and to tell you the truth I didn’t know that it would. So yesterday, I read that chapter, and it really did answer the questions she was asking. I am so thankful for the Holy Ghost, because let me tell you I am not the type of missionary that can tell you where to find everything in the book of Mormon, I wish I was. But, what I know is I was prompted to say something, and if she reads it, she will get her answer.

Well, I better get going, I love you all.

Love,
Elder Schmidt

No comments: