"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring

Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland

*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.

Monday, June 29, 2009

06/29/09 My Week in Nancy

Hey Everyone,

Things are going great here in Nancy France, we have seen a lot of miracles here. We are getting are new mission President this Wednesday, so it all should be very interesting.

Oh, so this past Sunday we went to this really cool Families house, the family cuche and he decided to film me, cause they are going to be in Utah in like 15 days, and they wanted to meet you, Mom and Dad. I think that would be really cool, they will be staying in Bountiful. They are seriously the coolest family in France 7 children and the mother is partially blind; that is impressive. You should look her up on youtube her name is Maria Christian, she is Irish and she is a really good singer. So they might give you a call or something. They wanted to show you that video they made.

In other news this past week I had the opportunity to go to Epinal on an exchange and do a baptismal interview for two young children. It was so much fun, and it was very good for me cause I asked the children the questions, and they answered them with ease. So I even threw a couple curve balls at them, and they answered them as well it helped me see that even young children can understand the gospel and have a testimony of it. It was a wonderful experience.

Right after the baptisms of the two children there was this ball for everyone, one like… huge dance. My companion Elder Lepretre and I were there cause invited some investigators to come and we were there to welcome them. It was this huge stake shin-dig. Anyways, it was funny cause their where a couple of girls, or I should say groups of girls hitting on us... weird I know, its France they don’t have a big selection, so they take what they can get it. We are like….. “Well look at the time, we better get going, see you later.” I just thought that was funny cause they where saying things like “le francaise est tres mauche le plus belle launge est englaise”, that just means French is ugly and English is the best language. I was like….Well, back home it’s the opposite; what an interesting night.

Oh, here is a really good story. We have been teaching this less active family and there is a man that was excommunicated right after his mission. Let me tell you, the first time we met with him, he wanted nothing to do with us. Since then, he has been coming to church, and almost cries during every lesson. We explained that although being excommunicated is a bad thing, it is also one step closer to returning back on to the path. I think that gave him comfort. He called us the other day and said,” I talked with the branch president about me being rebaptised, I need to figure out what I need to do”. I love seeing miracles. He knows that the church is true and he is fighting his way back.

I love having the opportunity to be apart of this great work. Well just know that I love you all, and that things are going great here.

Love
Elder Schmidt

No comments: