Worthiness
I have been thinking lately why is being worthy so important. I know it is important for my own salvation. The word worthy in the dictionary means “of worth or value”. So when we have worthiness before God we are of worth or value for him. So, if we aren’t worthy, we are of no worth or value to God. That ‘s the way the world might think it is. I will share a couple of definitions of worthiness I found in the scriptures (cleanliness, dependability, faithfulness, purification, repentance, righteousness); these are qualities of someone who is worthy. I like these divinations because if I use the inverse of each word it makes more sense….To be unworthy you are not clean, not dependable, not faithful, not pure not repentant, not righteous before God, but you are always of worth and of value to God. The only thing that separates the two (worthy and unworthy) is when we are worthy the Lord can use us in his work. The Lord will qualify us for the work according to our faithfulness. I have quickly figured out that tone of the most important steps in being and staying worthy starts with virtue. Virtue is prerequisite to receiving the Spirits guidance, virtue starts in our innermost thoughts and desires, and it is a pattern of thoughts and behavior. This brings to my mind a quote
“Sow a thought reap an action, Sow an action, reap a habit, Sow a habit, reap a character, Sow a character reap a destiny.”
If you have virtue you are clean and pure spiritually. You focus on righteous uplifting thoughts and put unworthy thoughts that lead to inappropriate actions our of their minds. They do as it is taught in D&C 121:45 “Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly, then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God”. So we need to let virtue constantly have a place in our thoughts. If it’s there, it is a protection and the filtering system to our thoughts. So, in ending the key to staying worthy starts back in our thoughts, if we control and filter out the bad there, they can’t lead to sin.
"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring
-Henry B. Eyring
Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland
*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment