"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring

Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland

*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.

Monday, August 31, 2009

08/31/09**

Hey Everyone,

This week has been go go go. We started off in Luxembourg for preparation day, and we did a little zip line thing that was really fun. Then, we went and saw a castle; it was really fun.

On Tuesday we went to Belgium and did a little door to door knocking. I wanted to get a waffle but there was none to be found, so it went ok anyways. Wednesday, was good, we where packed with Rendezvous cause it was the only day that we where in Nancy. I feel bad cause we have people here that really want to progress but can’t really because we aren’t around that often. I will do better this week ;)

Then, on Thursday our whole zone went down to Lyon, and let me tell you buying everyone’s tickets was a hassle, but had to be done. We had to take 2 trains and switch in Dijon, and we all had assigned seating. On the first train we where all just talking to one another, and one of the elders was speaking to this young girl about the Restoration, since he was seated next to her. At the end of the ride he gave her a book of Mormon and told her to read it, then we all said bye to her.

We got on our other train which would take us the rest of the way to Lyon and guess who came and sat next to me? It was the same girl that Elder Brady had been speaking with. I started to speak with her casually about The Lord of the Rings. I was really trying to find a connection point. Then I asked her where she was from and she said Lebanon, it’s close to Israel. She was 20 yrs old. She then asked me, “Why are you here”? I replied, you know that book he gave you? Well, I read it and prayed about it, and found out that it is true. So, I chose to come and share it with everyone.

Then, she asked another question "How would you convince someone that doesn’t believe in God, to believe in him? I soon figured out that she was speaking of herself and that she once believed, but since she has been here all her friends think that it is foolish. So then I asked her what is your goal in this life, and are you happy? She replied, yes, I’m happy, happy as to the world. I have good friend we have fun and go dancing, but I don’t really have a goal in this life. I think that is what I am missing. Then, I thought to my self "You do have a goal in life. Now let me remind you". I taught her the plan of salvation, and then after I testified of it, and she began to lightly cry, and I knew that she had felt the spirit. She lifted the paper I had drawn on and said, “This is beautiful, the only thing is how do I find out that it is true?” I then explained how to pray; all in all it was a great experience for me. I am sure she will be seeing the missionaries in the South of France. This is just another experience to show you how the Lord placed one of his prepared daughters in the way of his missionaries, so she could be taught. She told me as I was getting off the train, “Don’t forget to tell the other missionaries my number”. It was so cool.

Anyway, it was a fantastic week! Sorry this story was so long. I left a lot of really cool details out; it was awesome. I love this work, I know the Lord directs it. Like this girl she had been praying for an answer and the Lord gave her an answer. I know that it is the same with all of us, he always gives us an answer. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Schmidt

No comments: