"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring

Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland

*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.

Monday, September 7, 2009

09/07/09**

hey dad things are going a lot better here in Nancy we have had a little bit more time to do some teaching. We have so much going on I feel like I need to become a professional planner to fit it all in and you must realize that the french people feel as though you are forgetting them if you don’t see them often or call them to let them know what is going on. so lets just say we have been doing a lot of calls. lets see we have a lot going on I will start with Lydie we still haven’t invited her to be baptized we are trying to find a spare moment so we can have a great lesson with her to do it I must thank you for teaching me how to fill in holes in walls cause I have done that a lot lately for service it should turn out good so we are praying that we can fix a rendezvous with her so we can lance the invitation. then we have jessy he spoke with a member last week and said the first time they gave me the invitation I wasn’t serious but know I feel like it is true so we are going to re invite him today even though its preparation day ( sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven) and believe me we need them. then we where given a reference of this African family from a member in Metz and we took this family on a tour of the chapel and explained sacrament the system of the church and them we ended with having the family in the baptismal font and we invited them to be baptized they accepted and accepted to come to church the next day, they came and they loved it. then we where called up by a less active man that wants his daughter and son to be baptized so we are going to see him this week and then on the way to church I spoke with the bus driver turns out he is less active and he said he has been speaking with his 9yr old daughter about baptism so we are going to have to see how that goes. we also received 2 references from church headquarters and also a visitor from Texas gave us the address of his aunt he is a recent convert of three yrs. oh and by some miracle one of our existing amies got the permission from her mother to come to stake conference that’s a huge step! so long story short the lord is pouring out blessings on us the missionaries and the members of Nancy, the transfers are next week I hope that I have the opportunity to stay one more transfer! I would love that. well I love you thanks for writing me. Love Elder Schmidt

No comments: