"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring

Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland

*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.

Monday, October 12, 2009

10/12/09

Hey Everyone,

Things are going great here in Martingy. My companion and I have learned so much from General Conference; things that we can apply. Right now as far as the work is going, we have the opportunity to really put our faith to the test. We are walking the streets and porting doors and really working with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength, to find that one person that will accept the gospel. I don’t think this work was ever meant to be easy.

I really feel that my faith is growing daily because I have to put all my confidence in the Lord, and that he will direct us where to go. I really am trying to do all the promptings I receive, even if it means stepping outside of my comfort bubble; which it regularly does.

There was a talk given about a track coach, he said to the runners, “How much do you want to have at the end of the race?” They replied… “Nothing”. I think it was Jeffery R Holland; he said I want you to have NOTHING when you step off that plain. I want them to drag you off in an ambulance. I really want to have nothing left after my mission. Please pray for me that I will be diligent in the most important work I will ever do. This is my time to serve the Lord; I can’t waist it.

I really need your prayers. I know that without a doubt we will find someone soon, even if it means walking around in the cold and knocking a hundred more doors. I love you all, and hope you have a fantastic week.

Thanks for everything:)
Elder Schmidt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Elder Schmidt,

How have you been doing? I just read your blog tonight. You have been on my mind a lot! I'm hoping that you have a WARM birthday! It snowed today and I'm sure it gets cold there too? Well, I wanted you to know that I'm so proud of you Bronson. When I read your emails and letters I can really feel your spirit come through. It's a wonderful work that you are doing and I know you are going to find people to teach. I had to give a talk on Prayer in church a few weeks ago. I read a story about God asking a man to P.U.S.H. a rock. I will have to send it too you. It basically went like this: One day a man woke up and found a rock outside his door. Gosh told him to PUSH the rock; so the guy spent all his days, weeks, and months pushing on this rock. Finally, he came to the Lord and said,"Hey I did what you said and I've been pushing on this rock and I havent move it one inch." The Lord said, Look how strong you've become by pushing on this rock, your legs are strong, and arms are muscled. You did what I asked and was obedient but I never told you to move it,only to push it. So the Lord saw he was obedient and blessed him. He said, now that you have been obedient and done all you can by pushing on this rock I WILL MOVE THE ROCK. When we have done all we can and been obedient to the Lord and have done what he wants he will MOVE THE ROCK FOR US. HE WILL DO THE REST IF WE ARE OBEDIENT. P.U.S.H, P=Pray
U=Until
S=Something
H=Happens

When we are obedient and have exhausted all of our resources, we get to PUSH and lean on the savior.

Pretty neat huh. I hope you know I love you so much!
I better get going. Marshall has been sick with strep but wanted to make sure that you knew I was thinking about you on your birthday! :)

Love,
Aunt Crystal

pRAY, UNTIL, SOMETHING,HAPPENS