La Famille Schmidt
wow it sounds like you all had a lot of fun this past week! carving pumpkins and all... they don’t really do that around these parts we explained to a member what we do and they looked at us like that’s a waist of a pumpkin I could make pumpkin soup with that. I remember she said well after all of that do you use the pumpkin to eat? we said no it just kind of spoils right there on the front step and either some one comes and smashes them or the face that you carved starts to look like an old man so we throw it away. she laughed. what else this week should be interesting we have finally fixed some rendezvous for the next week I hope that they go through and we can teach them. we had this really cool miracle happen we fasted that we would be able to find someone and like two days later we received a call from headquarters salt lake mission a.k.a. temple square and we went that night to try and meet her she opened the door a crack and said who are you and what do you want, we said we are missionaries for the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints, after we said that she flung to door open and said come on in I will get you something to drink and we can talk. she explained that she was camping in Utah and the people camping right next to her came over and started talking they over heard that they spoke french... long story short this family invited her to stay at their house so they did and she had a wonderful time, the family took them to temple square and introduced them to the church. all in all she is really excited to see us and I am soooo thankful for that family that went the extra mile, go member work!!! like Gordon b hinckley said there is a better way and that’s it. well I better get going I love you all your all in my prayers. have a great week!!!
"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring
-Henry B. Eyring
Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland
*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment