"I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down!"
-Henry B. Eyring

Facts about Current Area: Geneva Switzerland

*approx. 6 square miles
*population : approx 200,000
*Language: Mainly French
*Famous for: Jewelery, watches and historic monuments
*Best time to visit: June to September
*The City was ranked second best in terms of standard of living, in the whole world.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

12/02/09 Letter From Today!! :)

Schmidt Family

This week has been fantastic! We have accomplished the impossible, if you will. To start the week off, we had a really cool miracle. In Elder Whatcotts and my effort to serve the members and gain their confidence in us, we asked a member if we could help him clean the church; he accepted. Let me just note the fact that we are almost never at the church, but on this day a lady named Natasha walked in. I thought she might be lost. So, I went over and talked with her a bit. She said she was looking for a church to attend and that she was new to the place. Then, she said can you teach me about what you believe? I was like, “I’ve heard of God directing people into his church, but I never thought he meant that literally!!! So now we have a rendez vous with her, and the member is very interested and wants to know if he can help.

Another situation is there are two families in the ward and the missionaries just haven’t been able to click with or go and see them. So Elder Whatcott and I made it a point to go and see them. The first family is the family Michaude, the missionaries haven’t been to their house in over a year. We fix a rendez vous and shared a spiritual thought for family home evening and then they offered to help us if we have any investigators that would want to come to a family home evening at their house; what a miracle.

The last family is the family Bagnoud, they don’t like inviting the missionaries over because apparently a missionary came, and took their oldest daughter to America. So we have been trying to gain their confidence in us and make friends with them. They invited us over for Thanksgiving and it was fantastic. We all had a lot of fun and laughed a lot; it was great!

This week has been great as far as missionary work and to top everything off, we fixed a baptismal date with one of our amis. We are working with him to help him over come some challenges but he wants to be baptized. The Lord is really helping us here and I can really see miracle after miracle. I am glad that everyone had a good thanksgiving and I hope you have a great week. Transfers are next week so we will see what happens. I hope we both stay one more!!!

I Love you all

No comments: